Formed in 1986, the Reno Rodeo Foundation has been making a difference to children and families in Northern Nevada for over 25 years. Started as a private foundation with the sole purpose of distributing the proceeds from the annual Reno Rodeo through scholarships and community grants, the Reno Rodeo Foundation is now a 501 (c) (3) public charity offering a much broader range of support to those in need in our community.
The mission of the Reno Rodeo Foundation is to enhance and enrich the lives of northern Nevada families by aiding children with extraordinary needs, building community partnerships, and providing scholarships to the University of Nevada, Reno.
Programs and Services of the Reno Rodeo Foundation include:
• Scholarships to the University of Nevada, Reno for graduates of rural Nevada High Schools
• Grants to community organizations that serve children and families across Northern Nevada
• The annual Reno Rodeo Denim Drive to provide new clothing to abused and neglected children in protective custody and foster care
• The V.I.P.S. Life and Career Coaching program for foster youth who are “aging-out” of care
• Management of the Reno Rodeo Horseman’s Park and Gandolfo Arena
• Capital Projects including construction of the Kids’ Kampus Activity Center and the indoor riding facility at Picollo School in Reno
• Granting of Rodeo Wishes
• Support of community events through Team 355
• Facilitation of Partnership Funds, including Koz’s Kids, the Double Diamond Athletic Club Charitable Fund, and the Nevada State High School Rodeo Scholarship Fund.
• Assisting with the facilitation of the annual Special Kids Rodeo and the Reno Rodeo Reading Roundup Literacy Program
For detailed information on the Reno Rodeo Foundation, please visit http://renorodeofoundation.org/